Tuesday, March 01, 2005

We Can't Play This Game Anymore But Can We Still Be Friends?

Whenever my high school barkada and I go out, we sometimes come across Martin, Laica's 1st ex-boyfriend. Despite the fact that they were once romantically involved with one another, these two remain friends. I don't think they were as close as before, but both of them knew what was going on with each other's love lives.

The fun thing with this set-up is that whenever we see Martin together with whoever was his new girlfriend, Laica would ask what we thought of the girl, or rather, fend us to agree with her that the new girlfriend wasn't as good as her. She'd comment, "Panget diba?" or, "Mukhang labandera diba?" and we'd laugh and agree with her, saying that Martin had it so much better with Laica.

Don't get her wrong, she didn't love Martin anymore. In fact, I think she got into a new relationship before Martin did. She acted critical towards Martin's new girlfriend because all of us need to feel superior to someone. Knowing that we moved on (i.e. Entered a new relationship) before our ex did gives our ego a boost. So does stating that the your ex's new love interest is uglier than you are.

Now, I'm tempted to send a message to my ex saying that if he does find a new girlfriend, he'd better introduce her to me, and vice versa. Harharhar. I can picture it now: my ex and me together with my strapping new boyfriend drinking coffee, and me asking him why he doesn't have a girlfriend yet.

"Bakit wala ka pang girlfriend?" = I'm reminding you how pathetic you are.
"Wala ka bang mahanap na girl?" = You'll never find someone as good as me.
"Gusto mo hanap kita ng girl?" = I pity you.

It's the perfect set of questions!

Or okay, let's say he does have a new girlfriend then. Here's what I'll be thinking:

She's chinese = Too yellow.
She's pretty = She's stupid.
She's not from Ateneo or UP = She's dumber than I thought.
She's rich = Brat.
and of course... I bet she's not as good in bed as I am.


Bwahahahaha! I am the embodiment of evil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home