Tuesday, February 15, 2005

So, You Think You're Wierd?

It's funny how a lot of people would go to lengths to stand out. Skimpy outfits. Piercings. Funny shirts. Black lipstick. Black, thick-rimmed glasses. Reading the Da Vinci code. Not reading the Da Vinci code. Taking part in philosophical discussions.

Being wierd isn't just a status anymore: it's a goal.

(And I used to think being unique was something all of us inherently had.)

Look around you, clone. You're not the only one with those clothes. You're not the only one with those glasses. And for chrissakes, try to understand what you're talking about.

You think you're wierd? Think again.

In loving memory of Wierdness, before being mass-marketed and changing into Trend.
We will miss you.

1 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Back in college, I deliberately made a choice to be weird. That was way before it became "fashionable." But my choice was more of a pragmatic one -- I needed to concentrate on my studies, and the only way I could do so was if I could isolate myself and focus single-mindedly on the tasks at hand.

In my school if you were weird, other kids left you alone. Because if they taunted you, they could not predict what you would do to them.

An added benefit was that I could say whatever I wanted to say and get away with it because people would think, "Well, anyway he's always been the weird one."

Nevertheless, after graduation I had to fully revert to normalcy, as I soon found out that weirdness does NOT pay in the business world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home