Untitled
My parents and I have an interview at the American Embassy tomorrow regarding our application for non-immigrant visas. My parents are in the dining room, fixing our papers for tomorrow, and here I am, partly anxious and partly pissed about the whole application. My mom's really taking this seriously, and I can't blame her because she really wants to go. She wants to see my sister and her granddaughters again. I'm assuming I can say the same about my dad. I, on the other hand, want to go as well, but when I saw what reason my mom put down on my application for a visa, I got pissed.
Apparently, one of the reasons I want to go to the US is "to see your beautiful country." Talk about MAJOR suck up. I don't think America is beautiful, I think it's overrated. Its got an intellectually challenged president, a high cost of living and low morals and values. I just want to go there because I want to go shopping for LOTR merchandise. And possibly see some plays or musicals. And maybe hope to go to Disneyland or Six Flags. But that's about it.
If you ask me, I'd rather go to New Zealand. But that's another matter.
Fine, it would be nice to get out of this God-forsaken country for a while. And at least I won't have to deal with *bleep*. But to say that America is beautiful is, well... crossing the line. I feel dirty after saying it. Hehehe.
I just want to see the US. That's it. Nothing more.
*** The author sincerely apologizes for the non-too-scholarly outcome of this journal. She cannot keep the bag of chips waiting. ***
*** The author would also like to say that if you are working in the American Embassy and has chanced upon this journal, kindly allow me and my parents to go to America. My parents really want to visit my sister, and I must check if my soulmate could possibly be in Connecticut. ***














1 Comments:
I've visited the US, and I don't see what all the fuss is about. Filipinos' misguided notion that America s their promised land soon get a dose of reality when they land and go TNT.
I agree entirely with your view -- it IS overrated, full of tasteless schlock and bottom-feeders. I wouldn't want kids to grow up there.
Even Disneyland is overrated. Heck, I enjoyed myself more at the Enchanted Kingdom in Laguna.
On the other hand, try to visit New Zealand the first chance you get. You will fall in love with the place. Cool fresh air, wide open spaces, perfectly unpolluted surroundings, and genuinely warm people. No crowds, little traffic, and more cows and sheep than people.
Post a Comment
<< Home