"Make Me An Offer I Cannot Refuse"
Accenture called me up two weeks ago and gave me a job offer. I never took my application (actually I never applied, they just found my resume) to Accenture seriously because 1) I swore that I'd never work in a company dedicated to software development, 2) the work is project based, and rumor has it that if you don't have a project you're idle and if you do have one, you're overworked (plus there's no overtime pay), and 3) the salary is pretty low (actually it's 15K, the minimum for new programmers, but I want to get at least 17K so I won't feel the tax deduction).
Now, I've still been applying in a number of companies, and I'm really hoping to get a job at Security Bank. Unfortunately, I could have done SO MUCH BETTER on my interview. So I guess that's goodbye to my only other serious application.
I haven't heard from the other companies I've applied for (I submit my resume online so it's not that reliable), so technically I have no other active applications. Mil, also experiencing the unemployment problem, called me up last Wednesday to ask me if we could walk-in on companies in Makati. I said okay, because... well, I needed it.
Alas, Thursday morning, I get a call from Accenture, following up about the job offer. Having to make a decision with only 3 hours of sleep rendered me to say "No, I'm really sorry." So they tell me I have to return the job offer documents.
Return it!?! But I'm not even sure if I really do want to take it. *cry* I woke up 5 hours later questioning if I really should accept the Accenture job offer. I'm thinking I should just accept the offer because 1) I doubt if I'll be able to get any other offers, 2) I should be applying as a Trainee, and Accenture IS going to train me in case I work there, 3) it's Accenture, hello?! and 4) the offer's starting to look really good.
Auuuuuugggghhhhh!!!!
Mil says that there might be other better offers, but I don't know if I can still hold out for a couple more months of unemployment. Plus I'm pretty tired of the whole application process. And really... the offer's starting to look good.
So. Anybody give me a sign whether or not I should go with Accenture. Or better yet, give me a job offer that I cannot refuse.
Now, I've still been applying in a number of companies, and I'm really hoping to get a job at Security Bank. Unfortunately, I could have done SO MUCH BETTER on my interview. So I guess that's goodbye to my only other serious application.
I haven't heard from the other companies I've applied for (I submit my resume online so it's not that reliable), so technically I have no other active applications. Mil, also experiencing the unemployment problem, called me up last Wednesday to ask me if we could walk-in on companies in Makati. I said okay, because... well, I needed it.
Alas, Thursday morning, I get a call from Accenture, following up about the job offer. Having to make a decision with only 3 hours of sleep rendered me to say "No, I'm really sorry." So they tell me I have to return the job offer documents.
Return it!?! But I'm not even sure if I really do want to take it. *cry* I woke up 5 hours later questioning if I really should accept the Accenture job offer. I'm thinking I should just accept the offer because 1) I doubt if I'll be able to get any other offers, 2) I should be applying as a Trainee, and Accenture IS going to train me in case I work there, 3) it's Accenture, hello?! and 4) the offer's starting to look really good.
Auuuuuugggghhhhh!!!!
Mil says that there might be other better offers, but I don't know if I can still hold out for a couple more months of unemployment. Plus I'm pretty tired of the whole application process. And really... the offer's starting to look good.
So. Anybody give me a sign whether or not I should go with Accenture. Or better yet, give me a job offer that I cannot refuse.














2 Comments:
I think you should go ahead with the Accenture stint. To a fresh grad, getting job experience is very important, so you should consider yourself lucky to get an offer from a multinational company with an excellent reputation for training its staff. Lots of people look at Accenture the way they look at SGV -- a natural training ground from where they will leap to better jobs elsewhere.
I actually had an opening in my company for an IT support staffer, but the regional office asked me to outsource instead. At any rate, even if I did hire, I would have looked for a person with at least 1 year's experience and pay less than 15k.
Better openings may come? Are you that sure about the job market now?
So take the Accenture job, please! =)
actually... i already returned the documents last monday. hehe. still wondering if i did the right thing, but eh- too late for that now.
i'm thinking of applying in Navitaire (Accenture's sister company). Wish me luck! ^_^
Post a Comment
<< Home