Two Songs
I never jumped in and rescued you, but I wanted to
I didn't tell you which way to go, 'cause I thought you'd know
You had a problem with your newfound wealth, you brought it on yourself
I never told you I told you so, but I told you so
Have to let it go, It's time to let it go
Now I can't believe it took so long to leave
Perhaps one day I'll grieve or I never will
I never told you I agreed with you, I don't think I do
I wasn't sure quite what the whole thing meant, but I'm glad you went
I never thought that it could be painless, but it is I guess
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too?
Have to let it go, it's time to let it go
Now I can't believe it took so long to leave
Perhaps one day I'll grieve or I never will
A viral infection that can incubate for years
Caused by affection fallen deep into arrears
No medication to procure
Makes me pure, there's no cure, I am sure
I never mentioned how I've prayed for you, and now I've paid for you
I never said that I would wait for you, it's too late for you
Have to let it go it's time to let it go
Now I can't believe it took so long to leave
Perhaps one day I'll grieve or I never will.
(--Barenaked Ladies, Told You So)
I took my love, I took it down
Climbed a mountain and I turned around
I saw my reflection in the snow covered hills
'Til the landslide brought me down
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love
Can the child within my heart rise above
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides
Can I handle the seasons of my life?
Well, I've been afraid of changing
'Cause I've built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Even children get older
And i'm getting older too
Oh, take my love, take it down
Climb a mountain and turn around
If you see my reflection in the snow covered hills
Well the landslide bring it down
If you see my reflection in the snow covered hills
Well the landslide will bring it down
(--Stevie Nicks [performed by Tori Amos], Landslide)














0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home