Sunday, May 01, 2005

F*ck Encantadia

I am mad.

I am a die-hard fan of Lord of the Rings. Ask any of my friends and they'll validate what I just said. I bled myself dry in order to save money for the premiere of FoTR. Jeni and I went through hell for TTT. I was at G4 as early as 10AM so I could be first in line for ROTK premiere tickets. For the past three years I had to literally BEG to my sister in the US to send me the extended edition DVDs. Yes, I am obsessed. Lord of the Rings is undoubtedly one of the best works of art mankind has ever created. I consider it sacred. That's why any individual who foolishly attempts to imitate it will come under my crosshairs and will be shot down mercilessly.

Tonight, GMA 7 will start showing their most extravagant and most ambitious fantaserye: Encantadia. I didn't really think much of it, considering how pathetic Mulangaw turned out to be, but I saw the show's teaser on their morning show... and now, I'm fuming. Every f*cking aspect of that TV show was copied from Lord of the Rings. They have an Enchanted Kingdom map that has a vague resemblance to the map of Middle Earth. They have sets and props that look like they were pulled out of the Weta Workshop. They have elves, they have orcs. I only thing I didn't see that would ultimately remind me of LOTR are hobbits (which, I can't even be certain are NOT in Encantadia. Maybe there are).

I hate GMA 7. I hate Mark Reyes, and I hate all his demon-spawned Production Assistants, Costume Designers, and Creature Makers. You hear that you bastards? FUCK YOU ALL. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but it only connotes how much creativity you people lack. You people are the epitome of everything wrong with Philippine Televison and Cinema. You have no sense of individuality so you simply copy whatever generates a lot of buzz in the industry and modify it a little then call it your own. Shame on you.

I hope New Line finds out about this and sues your asses off. Really.

(Sorry this blog turned out bad, I'm just really pissed. I'll modify it when I have time.... and when I've cooled down.)

2 Comments:

At 5:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

u know ur such a knd of fuking shit coz ur so very bad. u dont hve right pra siraan ang GMA 7 coz dey do der bst pra mpghusyan ang Encantadia (specially)

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm a pinoy living in the U.S. When I first learned about Encantadia, I was amused, I never expected someone to actually immitate LOTR! Encantadia seems more like a fanfic of LOTR...do you read fanfics? I adore and admire Professor Tolkien for his genius work, and I know how you feel. I didn't appreciate GMA copying off of LOTR. Though the station claims that the fantasy/drama is based of philippine folklore, I see more European influences than Pinoy. They simply can't copy LOTR!!!NO ONE CAN!!! GMA tried, and the finished product isn't exactly original, but they tried. They were trying to produce something to catch audiences and entertain. I'm sure that they prepared themselves for critics like us. However, I do admire how much mork they put into it, even if it was copied. I understand why you're upset, but please give GMA constructive criticism, not just complaints...no matter how true your statements may be you could still show GMA a little respect, it is the entertainment industry and they're doing this to get ratings. I wish you well, I admire your dedication to LOTR and I hope that you get the Extended Versions, they're awesome!!!! Anyway, I wish you well. MABUHAY KAPAMILIA!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home